If you’ve recently undergone hair transplant surgery, it’s natural to feel a burst of excitement about your new hair. However, it’s important to remain vigilant and take correct care of your new hair to ensure optimal results. So, what exactly happens two months post hair transplant? In this article, we’ll delve into the details and provide you with some tips on how to care for your new hair.
What to Expect: Hair Transplant After 2 Months
After undergoing a hair transplant surgery, patients typically experience a series of changes in their scalp and hair growth pattern. The first 2 months post-surgery are critical as the scalp and the hair follicles are still healing and adapting to the new growth. Here are key insights on 2 month hair transplant results:
- Shock Loss Phase: Around two weeks after the surgery, the transplanted hair follicles will begin to settle in their new location. After that, the transplanted hair will typically fall out within 2-4 weeks, which is a natural process known as “shock loss.” However, don’t worry, as this is a completely normal part of the hair transplant process.
- Shedding of Transplanted Hair: After the shock loss phase, the transplanted hair follicles will enter into a resting phase known as the “dormant phase.” During this period, you might not notice any significant hair growth as the hair follicles are still in the process of healing. Shedding of transplanted hair is a common occurrence at this stage.
- Regrowth of New Hair: Around the 2-month mark, you may start to see some new hair growth in the transplanted areas. The new hair may be thin and wispy initially, but it will gradually grow thicker and stronger over time. It’s important to note that hair regrowth is a gradual process, and it may take around 12-18 months to see the final optimum results.
Transform your look with a Harley Street hair transplant – schedule a consultation at Zestige today!
Tips for Caring: Hair Transplant 2 Months Overview
Here are some tips for caring for your new hair after 2 months of hair transplant surgery:
- Gentle Washing and Shampooing: After 2 months of surgery, you can begin to wash your hair gently using a mild shampoo. Avoid using hot water and scrubbing your scalp aggressively as it can damage your hair follicles. Instead, use lukewarm water and gently massage your scalp with your fingertips to cleanse it.
- Avoiding Harsh Chemicals and Heat Styling: Avoid using harsh chemicals such as hair dyes, bleaches, and other hair treatments on your new hair for at least six months after the surgery. Moreover, to prevent damage to hair follicles you should hold back from using heat styling tools like straighteners, dryers, curling irons, and crimpers.
- Using Sunscreen on the Scalp: It’s crucial to protect your scalp from the sun’s harmful UV rays after hair transplant surgery. Apply sunscreen to your scalp when you’re exposed to the sun, or wear a hat to protect your scalp from direct sunlight.
By following these tips, you can help promote healthy hair growth and ensure optimal results after your hair transplant surgery. Discover competitive hair transplant London price at Zestige – reach out for a quote now!
Book Your Consultation With Zestige Today
If you’re considering a hair transplant, schedule a consultation with our experienced team to discuss your options and learn more about our procedures. We offer flexible financing options to make hair transplant procedures more accessible to everyone. Begin your journey to a fuller head of hair – book your hair restoration consultation at Zestige today!